White Chocolate Gingerbread Max ‘Wich
Yield: 50 servings
Chocolate Ice Cream:
60.86 liq oz/1800 ml heavy cream
60.86 liq oz/1800 ml whole milk
31.7 oz/900 g egg yolks
17.6 oz/500 g granulated sugar
3 vanilla beans, scraped
0.94 liq oz/28 ml vanilla extract
0.17 liq oz/5 g salt
24.7 oz/700 g 70% chocolate callets
1. Combine cream and milk with scraped vanilla beans and seeds and bring to a scald.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until dissolved. Temper eggs with hot milk and transfer mixture to the pot. Cook until 175°F, nappage stage. Pour over chocolate callets and salt and emulsify using an immersion blender. Strain using a fine mesh chinois and allow to sit in the refrigerator overnight. Spin according to manufacturer’s instructions.
White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies:
47.6 oz/1350 g unsalted butter, 40°F and diced
2 Tbs ground ginger
1 Tbs plus 1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
½ tsp ground clove
47.6 oz/1350 g light brown sugar
30.86 oz/875 g blackstrap molasses
14 oz/400 g eggs
67.9 oz/1925 g all-purpose flour
1 Tbs plus 1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp sea salt
47.6 oz/1350 g white chocolate chunks
Additional sugar for rolling
1. Combine butter, spices, sugar and molasses in standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Begin paddling and add eggs 4 at a time, scraping the bowl as necessary.
2. Sift flour with baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture, scraping the bowl. Paddle in white chocolate chunks. Portion dough into 120-g balls and chill for 4 hours or overnight. Alternatively, this dough can be frozen. Before baking roll cookies in granulated sugar and place on parchment lined trays. Bake 325°F with high fan for 12 minutes, turn pan and bake 5 minutes.
1.5 oz/42 g unsalted butter
3.5 oz/100 g brown sugar
5.3 oz/150 g granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp kosher salt
2 Granny Smith apples, diced 1/4”
4 liq oz/118 ml brandy
Melt butter in large saucepan. Add sugars, spices and salt. Stir all the ingredients until it has turned into a thick paste. Add diced apples and mix all the ingredients together. Once hot, add brandy and heat until apples are cooked through.
Milk chocolate ganache
Melted milk chocolate
1. Fill cookies with Chocolate Ice Cream scoops using the back of the scoop to rustically spread the ice cream. Place Cinnamon Apples in center of ice cream and place top cookie on to make a sandwich.
2. Drizzle plate with melted milk chocolate. Place cookie in center of plate and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve with a flask of melted milk chocolate ganache and whipped cream.