Ginger Chicken Poke Bowl
This is absolutely delicious. Everything about this poke bowl (basically deconstructed sushi but this is with chicken) is super flavorful and satisfying. This can easily be made vegan by substituting the chicken for mushrooms, beans or another veggie such as zucchini that you want to cook in the crave-able marinade.
GInger Poke Bowl
*This is an assembled bowl- you will be basically batch cooking the separate elements and can use this to make multiple bowls for a big dinner, lunch, plan for your week or utilize the prepped ingredients for a salad, fried rice, chicken lettuce wrap...you name it!
Purple Sticky Rice
2 Cups Purple Sticky Rice
4 Cups Water
2 Tbsp Brown Rice Vinegar
1. Cook rice according to instructions, generally 2 to 1 ratio, water to rice.
2.When rice has cooked completed, fold in the vinegar with a spatula (to not mash the very sticky rice)
Sesame Seed Cucumbers
2 organic Cucumbers
1 Tbsp Black Sesame Seed
1.5 Tbsp Brown Rice Vinegar
1. Peel cucumbers and cut in half lengthwise.
2. Slice into half moons 1/4 inch thick.
3. Toss cucumbers with sesame seeds and vinegar
1 Pound Boneless Skinless Organic Chicken Breast Halves
2 Cloves Garlic
1 large Knob Ginger- 4 inches
3 Tbsp Brown Rice Vinegar
3 Tbsp Neutral Oil ( Almond, Grapeseed)
3 Tbsp Tamari
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
2. MIcroplane ginger and garlic into a bowl.
3. Add vinegar, oil, tamari and turmeric. Whisk to combine.
4. Add chicken to marinated and stir to marinate chicken.
5. Add chicken to a sautee pan and cook in marinade on medium heat, about 7 minutes until cooked through.
1 Alphonso Mango
1/2 tso Turmeric
1 tsp Grated Ginger
1. Cut mango into bite sized cubes.
2. Toss with turmeric and ginger.
Additional marinade (not contaminated with chicken) for toppingCooked Rice
1. Place rice at the bottom of your bowl.
2. Top with warm ginger chicken.
3. Add cucumbers, mango and avocado.
4. Sprinkle with scallions and serve with a lime wedge and additional marinade if desired.