Stress Buster Salmon
Out of sorts? Making a simple dinner (that is super tasty) with stress busting ingredients can and will end the day on a good note and only one pan for clean up.
Lavender and chamomile are always a go to for a calm, stress free frame of mind. They work wonders with wild salmon, full of Omega 3 fatty acids that fight inflammation and keep your cortisol levels at bay. Speaking of good fat, avocados satiate while their b vitamins keep your nerves in check. Pistachios add a flavor packed crunch with lower blood pressure benefits, To round it off a handful of swiss chard brings it all together with a dose of antioxidants and magnesium. Enjoy your zen.
1 piece Wild Salmon (6 ounces)
1/4 cup Pistachios
1/2 tsp Lavender
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Handful Rainbow Chard, chopped
Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
1 large cup of Chammomile Tea, brewed.
1. Chop pistachios with lavender, salt and pepper until coarse.
2. Brush salmon with olive oil and press half of pistachio mixture onto salmon to create a crust.
3. Place salmon pistachio side down in sautee pan with olive oil on medium heat.
4. Add sliced shallots to pan on either side of salmon.
5. Sear salmon for 5 minutes. Turn over and place swiss chard on either side of salmon in pan.
6. Add a shot of your chamomile tea to pan and allow swiss chard to cook with salmon for 5 minutes.
7. Place chard on plate with salmon on top.
8. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, 1/2 of an avocado sprinkled with crushed red pepper and the remaining pistachio lavender salt mixture.